Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Where Can We Turn For Peace?

Woah. September 29th say what?  I love being a missionary because even during slow weeks... there are still hundreds of highlights. :) No worries... I won't bore you with all of them. Just some..
1. Sister Monroe and I got flu shots this week. As a mission we are required to get them and obedience is key. Yes I cried a little. No my companion didn't have to hold my hand this time. :) Plus, we celebrated with ice cream after.
2. I got to go on exchanges with Sister Browne the great this week. I love her... so much. She trained one of my friends from home (Sister Muirbrook) and for some reason that brought us really close. I really needed exchanges this week. We had so  much fun and we laughed the ENTIRE time. Plus, we had girl talk time. You better believe it. And we ate cereal at 10pm.
3. Dropping investigators is always a  hard thing to do... but we dropped two of ours this week. Honestly, it comes back to the principle of good, better, and best. It was GOOD to meet with them, and sometimes even BETTER, but it was not the BEST use of Father in Heavens time. He has blessed us richly for taking that step of faith though with some really amazing potentials.
4. 3 words. GENERAL. WOMEN'S. BROADCAST. Holy smokies you better believe I went through a package of tissues. How incredible was that?!?!?! The messages were so inspired and so loving. The best part though was having Carolyn sit next to me and knowing she was taking it all in. What a blessing.
5. The Warners ended their mission this week... I cannot express how much I love them. They have been one of the biggest blessings while serving here. They have taught me a lot... I will miss them.
6. As a mission, we were able to fast for strengthened testimonies of the Book Of Mormon. What a great experience. There is something special that happens during mission fasts... you feel very connected to each other in an incredible way. It was quite the experience only studying the Book of Mormon this week... that was something I will always cherish. The Book is Blue... the Church is true.
7. Our ward had their primary program on Sunday and you better believe I cried like a baby. I have always loved children and to see and hear them bear their testimonies of the Savior through song was so very special to me. Yes... it did make me a little mom trunky. No beuno.
So. Yes. Good week. Slow work wise... but still good. It has been a very peaceful week for me. I could say I don't know why but I know exactly why. The answer comes through one of my favorite hymns...

1. Where can I turn for peace?
Where is my solace
When other sources cease to make me whole?
When with a wounded heart, anger, or malice,
I draw myself apart,
Searching my soul?
2. Where, when my aching grows,
Where, when I languish,
Where, in my need to know, where can I run?
Where is the quiet hand to calm my anguish?
Who, who can understand?
He, only One.
3. He answers privately,
Reaches my reaching
In my Gethsemane, Savior and Friend.
Gentle the peace he finds for my beseeching.
Constant he is and kind,
Love without end.

We are promised in the Book of Mormon that a man will get nearer to God by abiding by it's precepts than by any other book. ANY OTHER BOOK. Can you believe that? This book... is available to you. It is in your home. It is online. It is in stores around the world. It is in your memory. It is in your heart. You have it. Do you want peace? Do you want solace? Do you want comfort? That can only come from the Savior and we get closer to Him through the Book of Mormon. I know that is true. I put that promise to the test this week and it did not fail me. It never will. When was the last time you put that promise to the test?
I love you all. Thank you for your support, love, and prayers. I am eternally grateful. Have a wonderful week!
-Sister Jensen
Sister Browne and I woke up Friday morning and decided to take a walk. Yes... that is the sunrise. Yes... that is the Temple.
The Hererra Family. :) This is one of the families Sister Monroe and I got to teach. I was lame and forgot to get a picture with them... These are their Sister Missionaries. :) It was a really incredible baptism... and the two on the end are getting baptized in 2 weeks. HAPPY DAY!!!
Goodbye to the Warners... tears for days.

Reunion with my Mama...:)
SISTER REUNION!!!
FLU SHOT....and DQ
Having fun at the Warners :)

Good ole' Sonic with the Sisters! :)


Exchanges with Sister Browne! :) :)
DA SISTAS.
Monroe, Browne, Nye, Jensen
Donnie. Another family we taught for the Sisters. He is one of the most humble men I have ever met. After his baptism.. he was literally glowing. I love the Gospel.