Thursday, October 23, 2014

Boone Ya!

Can I just start off by saying that I love knowing that the Lord is in charge. I love His perfect plan that allows me to grow in ways I never thought imaginable. It has been quite the week for me... I will start at the beginning though.
Monday-Tuesday: After I found out I was getting transferred from Hamilton, I of course had some people to say bye to. Oh my goodness... It is amazing how attached to the area and the people you can become in 6 short months. I felt like I did when I left Winterset... like I was leaving my family and my home. I grew to love that place and the people in it more than words can describe. With each "see ya later", I felt like I was leaving a piece of my soul with that family. It is the worst as well as the best feeling in the world.
Wednesday: Last trip to the Temple... for now. It was absolutely incredible and exactly what I needed. I feel like Heavenly Father knew exactly what missionaries I needed around me, and to be able to sit with them in the Temple is so special to me. After the Temple, we all went to the church and played some games with the Zone Leaders. SO FUN!!! Then we all went out and had a "trunky lunch" and talked about movies the whole time. Haha sometimes ya just need to do that. :) We got the biggest miracle tonight... we got permission to have a sleepover with the Keokuk Sisters. Seriously... that never happens. IT WAS AWESOME! Face masks, hot chocolate, giant bed on the floor. Perfect end to a great day.
Thursday: Transfer day... always a little nerve racking. It was such a good meeting though! I got to see so many missionaries and got to say bye to the ones leaving... so weird. So... now is the moment you have all been waiting for. My transfer doctrine. I have been sent to... (drum roll please...)
BOONE, IOWA!!!!!! Yep, that's right. I am back in Iowa. Basically, I am already obsessed with the place. I am pretty sure this is one of the prettiest places I have ever been. The streets are lined with Fall trees and so many quaint shops. Seriously.... I have to catch my drool sometimes. So here are some fun facts about my new area:
1. It is like an hour away from Winterset. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?
2. We live in a studio apartment above a law firm. What might you ask is right across the street? A train station. And yes... trains come about every 30 minutes. I'm still getting used to that at 3 in the morning.
3. We have a set of Elders in the ward that we split the area with and they are so awesome!
4. We are in a car share with the Elders. We switch off weeks. Haha... That freaked me out a little at first but then I got thinking about how that is such a tender mercy. Who can you meet when you are always driving everywhere? Plus I have a couple treats to walk off. :)
5. We will be having a baptism on November 15th!!! Alison is absolutely incredible. She is 17 and will be the only member of her family.... Seriously. She is amazing.
Well... that is Boone so far. Now for my companion... (drum roll please...)
SISTER SAMFORD!!!! She is so great. She is from San Bernadino, California and is 19 years old. She loves to read and eat junk food. We are getting along great. :) Also... one more important thing. She has been on her mission a whopping 3 months. Yep. That's right. I am a breaker. AKA I get to break her away from her Mama. That totally freaked me out when I found out, because I feel like I am training again. But hey, growth is key.
So all in all, I am absolutely loving it here. I am really hoping I will get to finish here since I only have 4 months left. We will see though. The Lord works in mysterious ways.
So, it has been quite the week. I am so grateful for all that my Father in Heaven has given to me. Especially the time I was able to spend in Hamilton. The growth that I experienced there is something very sacred to me. It is greater than I ever could have imagined. I was able to teach some people, but more importantly, I was taught by many people. I would say that I experienced true conversion there. For that, I am eternally grateful. Now, I am so grateful for the opportunity to serve here in Boone, IA. The Lord has placed me here for a specific purpose and I am slowly but surely finding that purpose. I am just so grateful.
Thank you to everyone who is supporting me on my mission. Family, friends, and everyone in between... I love you so much. Thank you for everything. Have a happy week and God bless!
-Sister Jensen
Last Temple trip with the District....
L to R:
Top row- Sister Browne and I
Bottom row- Sister Nye, Elder Allred, Elder Bean, Sister Monroe
We decided to match today through aunty/niece telepathy.
Last compy comp pic. :) Our relationship in a picture.
I'm gonna miss this place...
Why yes. This is the bridge that Joseph and Emma kiss under in the Joseph Smith movie.
The church is true.
Elder Aston was my zone leader for a whole year straight so of course we needed a picture. :)
Sleepover say what?
I GOT TO SEE BOTHER MCCALL AT TRANSFERS!!! Total tender mercy from the Lord. Oh Winterset... how I love thee.
The new Hamilton Sister!
I got to eat my companions leftover "Greenie" hawaiian haystacks for my first couple days here. :)
All settled in! :)