And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not,for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith.
What a week. So many heartbreaks, and so many miracles. It was a really faith trying week... but those make for the best weeks.
1. I think the biggest news to report is the saddest... we dropped the Shallenbergers. Even as I wrote that, my heart sank a little bit. This is the first time they have been dropped in the 2 years they have been taught. What a hard choice that was... I am so grateful though that we did not have to make that decision alone. I love Herb and Carolyn with all of my heart... but this time is so precious and Father in Heaven needs us to use HIS time to find, teach, and baptize those who are prepared and ready to keep the commitments necessary to experience conversion. Although it hurts, I know that Heavenly Father supports us in this decision. Good, better, best...
2. We serve a pretty merciful Father don't we? I have no doubt that Father in Heaven completely understood how bad it hurt us to drop the Shallenbergers, and how much of a leap of faith that was... that is where Ether 12:6 comes in... We got our witness in the form of 3 new investigators. The last time we got ONE new investigator was like 5 weeks ago... so to get THREE in one week is a complete miracle. I love the law of sacrifice because as Sister Dalton said, "One cannot sacrifice a crumb to the Lord without getting a loaf in return."
3. So, our first investigator is Jesse. He is 23 and super prepared! The power of talking with everyone is real. We met him a couple weeks ago as we were coming out of an apartment building and he was walking into his apartment. He really loved the restoration and when we asked him to be Baptized... his eyes lit up. :)
4. Our next 2 investigators are a mom and daughter. Julie and her daughter Shaquayshia. (Sha-kway-ja) :) They are incredible! Shaquayshia in 10 and very in tune with the spirit. We invited both to baptism and neither hesitated. The Gospel is true people.
5. We also dropped Betty this week... again just not committed. So sad... we have no doubt she will continue to be humbled though over time.
6. GENERAL CONFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So as you can see it was quite the week.... a roller coaster week for sure. General Conference was really incredible and helped me so much. As a missionary, I am obligated to invite you all to do things because of General Conference.... :) No worries... here are some uplifting tools first...
"The greatest blessings of general conference come to us after the conference is over. Remember the pattern recorded frequently in scripture: we gather to hear the words of the Lord, and we return to our homes to live them."
—Robert D. Hales
This is one of my favorite pictures... We have received the messages and now it is up to us to remember and apply. That is my invitation. Think about it... if you don't change from General Conference than what was the point of watching? I am asking you each to pick ONE thing to change. You all know what that one thing is. Give the Lord your crumb so that He can give you a loaf in return. Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of Heaven. RECEIVE. REMEMBER. APPLY.
I love you all and I am so grateful for each of you. Thank you for all you do for me, and for the Lord. I pray you have a wonderful week!
|It's a beautiful Monday in Nauvoo...|
|Auntie/Niece pic with Sister Browne. :)|
|Sister Temple Trip. :)|
|Trying to do a jumping pic... didn't work too well... memories. Sweet sweet memories. :)|
|Saturday morning General Conference with the Grows. :)|
|Saturday afternoon General Conference with the Petersons. :)|
|Mom.. this one is for you. :) This... is therapy corner.|
|People in Hamilton really take Halloween seriously... this was October 1st people. Little sketch...|
|Sunday Morning General Conference with the Criders. :)|
|Sunday afternoon General Conference with Sister Trapp. :)|
|We are ready for Christmas!!!! :):)|