Wednesday, October 29, 2014

The Most Wasted Of All Days Is One Without Laughter :)

BOONE!!! GLORIOUS BOONE!!!! Seriously though. I love it here. So much. Too much? Nah. Not possible. It has been a really incredible week! So many miracles and a lot of things learned too.
Monday: Today I wrote 14 letters. I guess that's what happens when you leave and area and don't have a car to go anywhere. :) Tender mercy for sure! We also had dinner with the Ferrells. Super cute young family with 4 crazy, super cute kids. Sister Ferrell actually just wrote a book called, "Walking with the Women of the New Testament." EVERYONE GO ON AMAZON RIGHT NOW AND BUY IT!!!! The book is absolutely incredible. I was able to just flip through it at church, and it blew me away.
Tuesday: Today we got a new investigator named Brittney. She is 12 years old and her mom has been investigating the church for a while now. We extended the date of December 6 to the both of them and we are excited to work really hard WITH them! We also had a relief society meeting tonight. I love these people so much...
Wednesday: So today I was washing my breakfast dishes and all the sudden... the water shuts off. Haha no water (sink, shower, toilet) for a good 2 hours. You never know what you have till its gone! ;) Today we walked... and walked. And then walked some more. IT WAS AWESOME! We got to talk to so many people we would have missed if we were driving around. Sure, my legs hurt but hey... this is salvation. It's worth it! We also had coordination tonight and it went really well! Brother Ward has been the Ward Mission Leader for about months now so he is just on fire! There is lots to be done here in the Boone ward.
Thursday: District meeting! I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard.... role plays are so great. Especially when you play a blind mom named Laquisha. NAILED IT. We got to teach Alison after DM and it went so well! She is doing so good and is so excited to be baptized on the 15th. She is being such a great missionary to her family already. We also found a new investigator today named Linda. Her mom is a really cute old less active member of the church. It was a cool lesson. We taught the Restoration and they both really enjoyed it. The Gospel is true.
Friday: Today I got to go on exchanges with Sister Rogers. She is so great! I went to Ames with her and it was so weird being in a college town after serving in tiny towns for the last 14 months. We had the most hilarious dinner appt. with some of their members. Sister Rogers and I were pretty slap happy cause we ate too much. :) Then we had a really amazing lesson with one of their investigators. Probably one of the coolest lessons on my mission actually... Chelsea is scheduled to be baptized on November 15 and she is excited about it. How blessed I am to have been a part of that.
Saturday: Crazy day! Sister Rogers and I finished up exchanges with cleaning the church, finding, walking and talking, and then cleaning some persons house. Perfect day. :) Today was a little weird though because I got a little homesick for Hamilton.... it happens though. Thank goodness for the Atonement. We had our ward trunk or treat tonight and it was so fun! They had tons of cute kids in cute costumes, a hay ride, a bonfire, food, more food, and tons of babies. It was great. :) Someone invited me to ride a dirt bike at the party... I almost said yes and then my badge shimmered in the light. Thank you Heavenly Father!!
Sunday: I am pretty spoiled... I got to see TWO Primary Programs this year. I AM OBSESSED!!! The second the children started singing I burst into tears. Haha they are so sweet and just so tender as they sing their little hearts out. It was a really crazy Sunday though! I felt like I was running around the whole time. Those are the best Sundays though. :) We had dinner with the Buxtons tonight and they are just awesome! Super cool family and they made fajitas. 10 points for them!
Monday: Yesterday was a good p-day. We had the truck so we did some shopping in Ames. Then we just got to chill at home. We had dinner with the Ballards. They just moved here from Provo, Utah about 3 months ago, and they know a bunch of people from PG and Lone Peak so I got to answer a lot of "Do you know this person" questions. Brother Ballard is also deaf so I got to learn a little bit of sign language.
Well... I love it here. Truly I do. I'm so incredibly happy... like all the time. Haha sometimes it weirds me out. There is just no better feeling in the world though than knowing you are exactly where you need to be doing what you need to be doing. The most rewarding thing in all of the universe is what I do 24/7. I get to sleep, eat, and breath missionary work... the sacred work of our Father in Heaven and Savior Jesus Christ. I am sure you have all seen this video before but I encourage you to watch it again and to really understand that each of you has a BIG part to play in the work of salvation. Father in Heaven needs all his children involved. Especially YOU.
https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2013-06-1031-ill-go-where-you-want-me-to-go?lang=eng
I love each of you and pray that you will have a wonderful week and a happy Halloween!
-Sister Jensen
Welcome to Halloween deco in Boone, IA. Gotta love it.

 This was after exchanges... L to R: Rogers, Me, Barney, Samford. You will just have to take my word for it since you can't actually see anything :)

We just love exchanges so much. So fun fact about Sister Rogers.... We actually went to junior high together... in Arizona. Haha she was a year older (yes Taylor... she remembers you :) ) so pretty much most of the exchange we just talked about people from AZ. It was awesome!

And best costume goes to... this guy. Gives me the heebie-jeebies.

The view out our kitchen window. :)

This is our "ahhh crap my mom yelled at me for not sending a pic last week... hurry lets take one right now" picture. Enjoy. :)