Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Change Is In The Wind


OH MY HEAVENS!!!!!!!!!!! That is really the only way to explain this week. Work wise.... it was pretty slow. Service/event wise.... it was absolutely insane!
Tuesday: The coolest thing happened today.... All the missionaries in this mission got to meet up and watch "Meet the Mormons." Guys.... if you haven't seen it, PLEASE go see it. And take LOADS of tissues with you. It is such an inspiring and amazing movie. I feel very blessed that we as a mission got to watch it, because now we can tell other people to go see it. Seriously. Go see it.
Thursday: Today we got to peel apples. For 3 hours. With Sister Trapp. IT WAS AWESOME!!! Yes, my fingers are still stained. Yes. People still stare. After district meeting today, us and the Keokuk Sisters took our car to Ft. Madison, IA because it had a recall on it. That took quite a while so we ended up walking to Savers to shop. Totally awesome girls day. :)
Saturday: We got to wake up at 5:30 am today because we were asked to help at The Great River Road Run. It was so much fun! We got to wear bright yellow vests and direct traffic. Luckily, we didn't cause any accidents. ;) That night we also had a wonderful opportunity... We got to clean the Nauvoo Temple. WHAT AN EXPERIENCE! They took us to every level of the temple including the tower on the top. They also allowed us to walk through every room of the Temple as we cleaned it. Probably my favorite part though was sitting in the Celestial room by my self. What a sacred experience. Also being down in the baptismal font. I have not been down there since Heritage Tours 2 years ago. It brought back so many wonderful memories of the beginning of my conversion... I love the Temple.
Sunday: What a great Sunday. I had the opportunity to fast, and church was incredible. I was able to hear many testimonies from people I love and I was also able to bear my testimony. I was just a sweet experience. Also, in Relief Society, the lesson was on being in the world, but not of the world. The teacher spoke a lot about missionary work. No joke half way through the lesson she started showing pictures of missionaries. And then she held up pictures of me in Winterset. You better believe I immediately broke into tears. She had found my blog and printed some pics of and I had no idea. I feel like it was a big pat on the back from my Father in Heaven saying, "Ya done good Sister Jensen. Just keep going."
I am sorry that this email is so crazy but time has run short. Haha shocker. I also need to give a shout out to my aunt and uncle Todd and Mindy who welcomed their new little boy into the world last week. CONGRATS YOU TWO!!!! I cannot wait to meet darling little Beckett. :)
I think the most exciting/scary/sad news to report is that.... I am getting transferred. We got the call this morning. I have been here now for 6 months and I have learned to love this place with all of my heart. I was a little broken when I had to leave Winterset, and this area was exactly what I needed. The people, the feeling, the Temple, the places.... words cant describe how much I love this area. It is so comforting though when you get told you are being transferred and immediately feel peace. I know that I have done all that my Father in Heaven required of me here, and now he needs me somewhere else. I just reflect on all that I have learned here.... I needed this area because I experienced unimaginable growth. My testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and especially of the Prophet Joseph Smith has become unshakable as I have walked the streets he walked. I have learned endurance through walking where those early pioneers walked. I have learned unconditional love as I have had doors slammed in my face and rude things yelled at me by Gods children. Most of all, I have learned that I am special to HIM. HE knows me. And I have come to know him. For that I am eternally grateful.
Thank you everyone for all of your support and love. Know that I appreciate it more than anything. I love you all. Have a great week!
-Sister Jensen
Third time is a charm.

Dogs in wigs? Yes please.

This is what happens when Sister Jensen gets junk mail. Freaky. I know.
Soooooo......many........apples......
I'm in Heaven. I have literally looked for this my whole mission. Found it in Ft. Madison, IA. YES!
Great River Road Run. :)

So we were just standin there waiting for the runners to come back and I look down the river and see this. Are you kidding me? LOVE IT!


:) On a "I just cleaned the Temple" high. :)
I be ridin in style.