Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Tip Toe Outta the Comfort Zone

What a week it has been... lots of good things, and as always. some hard things. But hey, that is what makes the journey enjoyable. :) I first have to give a shout out to someone that I love very dearly. We have grown very close over the last couple years, and she is someone that I look up to. My cousin Linsey returned home from her mission to Spain this weekend. WELCOME HOME LINS!!! I have no doubt that Heavenly Father is very pleased with the work that you did, and he will continue to use you as one of his faithful servants. I LOVE YOU!:)
1. My companion and I went to the Temple this week, and it was really incredible. I had been struggling a little bit, as you all know, and the Temple helped so much. I feel very blessed to be serving so close and especially to be able to attend the Nauvoo Temple. So many blessings... As we were walking out too, we ran into President and Sister Jensen. Haha those two! Direct quote from President Jensen, " I would really love to hug you two outside the Nauvoo Temple... but I probably shouldn't." I love that man... and all his awkwardness. :)
2.Carolyn admitted this week that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that this is Christs only true church on the earth today.... GHDFSLAFHVHJBCJASLVCHJLGFJ:VCHJASVCHDVSAH:C!!!! I don't even think that words can express what this means... Heavenly Father has been waiting for her to admit that since he sent her Sisters 2 1/2 years ago. This is a break through... we are extending a baptismal date to her and Herb next week. Please keep them in your prayers!
3. We had exchanges this week with our incredible Sister Training Leaders! And... I got to spend the day with my Mama. Haha I love her so much... I really learned a lot on exchanges... Sister Monroe and I have been struggling as a companionship a little bit, and we were able to all talk about it together and get some advice from the Sisters. It has helped immensely! We are getting really good at telling satan to get behind us. :)
4. I found my stress outlet this week.... you better believe I bought 3 coloring books and new crayons. I am stoked. Total stress reliever after a hard day! I am working on my Barbie one now. :)
5. The almost unbearable heat has hit. In the hundreds every day this week with the humidity. :) I be sweatin all day long.
6. Sister Raisor and I almost kicked ourselves out of relief society for laughing so hard. Story of our life.
It has been a good week, really it has. I am super exhausted, but I have excepted the fact that if I wasn't, I'm not working hard enough. We saw a lot of miracles this week, and we were really blessed. I am so grateful to be serving my mission. It truly has meant everything to me, and I still have 6 months! I have learned a lot about how to be who Heavenly Father needs me to be, and how to recognize and except his will. I struggle every day, but I know now more than ever that the Savior is right beside me pushing and pulling me.
Missionary work is full of doing things that you don't necessarily want to do. It requires you to step out of your comfort zone, and do something completely awkward sometimes. That is where the growth comes though. That is when the atonement is put into full effect. "There is no growth in the comfort zone, and no comfort in the growth zone." That has been a very true statement thus far on my mission. I want to invite each of you this week to step out of your comfort zone, and do something for someone else. It is called the "I should" theory. We have all experienced it. Whenever we have the thought that we "should" do something, that is from God. He is prompting you to do good. And then satan comes in and tries to diminish it... his greatest tool. Making revelation seem small or invalid. Step out of your comfort zone and do something you "should do." Allow yourself to be an instrument for God this week. He will bless you for your desires.
I love you all! Have a wonderful week. :)
-Sister Jensen
This is what we do at city hall during service time. :)

Trish loves us. :)

My companion gets a little crazy sometimes.

My companion attacked me with... string that be silly.

His name is... sea-willy.

This is what happens during roleplays in comp study :)