Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Even the Blues are a Blessing

It has been a really crazy week. Having a new companion is always so fun but hard because there is so much to do and so many people for them to meet... and you are the only one that (kind of) knows what is going on. Sometimes it can just be a little overwhelming. I'm not sure what happened this week... but I just had a rough go at things. A lot of things are weighing down my mind and I am completely exhausted. As hard as this week was for me though, I would not have traded it for the world. I cannot even tell you how many times this week I wanted to go home and curl up in a ball, but HE wouldn't let me. He had things for me to do, so he carried me a lot of the way. I have learned to be grateful for trials because of that reason. It's when you have given your all and done everything you think you possibly can that the Savior just comes and picks you up and carries you. I am trying to express in words my very best just how much the atonement worked in my life this week, but I don't think I can. I just want each of you to know that I love my Savior Jesus Christ and I love his perfect atonement. I love the mercy and grace that are extended to me at every turn. I love knowing that I am doing HIS sacred work... He has called me, and He is qualifying me.
Well... I started with my testimony this week, so I will end with some highlights. :)
1. THE RAISORS HAD THEIR BABY!!!! Ice Pawn is finally here. :):) (name accredited to me and Sister Rasmussen.) He was born Wednesday morning at about 2:30 am weighing 5 lbs. 15 oz. His name is Robert Joseph Raisor. STUD ALERT!!! We asked Bro. Raisor why Joseph and he said it was because he gained new life where the Prophet gave his. GFHEAWVFVHJCGVFHAVFHLGWLFVJHVDHAFLVHWJLFVHEWQLF. I'm obsessed with this family. They had signed up to have us for dinner on Friday night so we got to go to the hospital and chill with Bro. and Sister Raisor and little Ice Pawn. Expect pictures soon. :)
2. We did like a million hours of service this week. Okay... that was an exaggeration. but still. Holy moly. Don't get me wrong... I'm not complainin. Just stating a fact. :)
3. We had an amazing zone training meeting this week. I am serving around such amazing missionaries! Seriously... I just want to be a fly on the wall for every companionship cause they are just kicking butt in each of their areas. Also, after the meeting, we went to the Temple to take some pictures and this sweet family took them for us. When they were done they took a sweet video... we basically flash mobbed danced with their kids. It should be on the Iowa Des Moines Mission FB page if you are interested in seeing some pure awesomeness. 
4. We found a potential family of 9 PEOPLE!!!!! Pray for them. :)
Well, we are just chuggin along here in Hamilton. Things have been pretty slow lately, but I know that the Lord has blessed us in ways unimaginable. As I walk these streets everyday, I feel his love for each of these people so immensely sometimes that I just do a little heel click cause I feel happy. That is one of my favorite things about being a missionary... being able to see people through Gods eyes and not my own. It is something we can do anytime, but I just feel like Heavenly Father gives you a little extra of it as a missionary. I love these people. I love what they are teaching me... I love what they are helping me become. I love every part of what I am doing right now... even the hard and discouraging times.
https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2009-05-21-hope-ya-know-we-had-a-hard-time?lang=eng
I have sent this video before, but it really applies to my week. I hope that each of you will take time to watch it, and feel of the love that your Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ have for you. Know that I love you, and that I pray for each of you everyday... some of you by name. Have a great week, and take time to smell the flowers.
-Sister Jensen
Nauvoo Zone. :) So spoiled.
Just one more pic from my favorite missionary dinner last week. :)

Do you see why I'm obsessed?! Beautiful.

Some members fed us alligator, so of course this was a "must" picture.
Baby seat...not something you see in a missionary car everyday... it made us pretty happy. :)