Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Reaching for Goodness

Weeks full of humbling experiences are the best. :) This was a really good week, and we saw and experienced a lot of heavenly miracles. I'm really liking this whole, "share the highlights of the week" thing, so we will continue with that.
1. We taught an atheist. That was fun...
2. I found a new family line on Wednesday, and I am stoked about it. Jamie- it is on Grandpa O's side, so stay tuned for some good stuff. :)
3. We had a really amazing lesson with a less active in our ward who is really struggling. Totally spirit led and super powerful. One of my favorite things about being a missionary is being able to receive revelation for others. That makes all the difference in the world!
4. We got to paint a porch this week. It was awesome and I got red paint ALL over my pants! Battle wounds. :)
5. We found a new investigator this week named Jenny! She is a baptist and is super well versed on her Bible. Luckily, I have studied the Bible a lot on my mission and I was able to follow all her questions. When we asked her to be baptized when she came to know that the church was true, she responded with "Well...I would have too!" SO PREPARED!!!
6. It rained a lot this week. I love rain. :) But, I also lost my umbrella a couple months ago.... haha. That was fun. (Don't worry mom... I am buying a new one today!)
7. We had a ward party this week. Our ward got all the leftover food from pageant so we all just got together at the park and cooked it all up. I love this ward and it was fun to get together with everyone outside of church!
8. I got a letter from my Mom this week, and then a blessing from Elder Warner that both rebuked me pretty bad, but in a good way. :) I am grateful for people in my life who are in tune with the spirit and who are able to give me guidance and direction from my Father in Heaven. I was really humbled this week in realizing how much power I was giving satan to distract me form my purpose. I was focusing so much on how little time I have left, that I was wasting away each day. Sneaky satan...
9. I got the most amazing miracle call this week! Kim is an investigator that Sister Cole and I found in Winterset back in march. She was living in the house of a former investigator so we went to stop by and Kim answered the door. We asked her if she was Alice and she said no... so we were about to walk away when the Spirit told me to invite her to learn about the restored gospel. Well people... she is getting baptized on Saturday. I cannot even tell you how much joy that brought to my heart! Being able to see the fruit of your labors is an amazing feeling. Please keep her in your prayers!
10. I celebrated my one year mark this week. Let me tell you... that was weird. I feel like I have been on my mission for eternity but closer to 2 months at the same time. Looking back at all I have l learned in this year is awe-inspiring. I have not been the perfect missionary, nor will I ever be, but I do feel like I have been molded into the missionary that Heavenly Father needs me to be. I have learned so much in this year, and I want to share with you some of those "ah-ha" moments:
-The Savior and my Father in Heaven love me more than I can imagine. They have this love for all those that they have created. This love is perfect and eternal. They do not see us as weak little creatures, but they see us as glorious works of art. They see us as we can become, not as we are.
-The Gospel of Jesus Christ was restored in this final dispensation by the Prophet Joseph Smith. He was an unlearned man who by the power of God translated the most correct book on earth. He laid down his life for the cause of Zion and I look forward to the day when I can greet him and thank him.
-The Book of Mormon is true. It is simple as that. I believed the Book was true, but now I know. I have gained an undeniable witness from God that it is true. I have seen it change lives, but none more than my own.
-We are led by prophets and apostles TODAY. They commune with God and they guide this church today. Thomas S. Monson has been called and qualified to assist in leading us back to our Heavenly home.
-Last but, not least... I have learned to love the Priesthood. I love feeling the power of the Priesthood in my life as an ordained minister of the Lord Jesus Christ. I Love being able to go and worship in the Temple under the power of the Priesthood. I love receiving blessings through Gods worthy sons and the Priesthood they bear. I love witnessing people enter the straight and narrow gate by the power of the Priesthood. It is here, it is true, and it is His power.
My mission has been hard... really hard. I have experienced more heartache in this last year than I have in the last 10 years. But, I have also never been happier. I have been blessed more than I could imagine in this last year, and I know that it will continue not only for the next 6 months... but for eternity.
I am grateful for each of you and for your example. Because of righteous family and friends... I decided to serve a mission. Your examples in my life means the world to me. I love each of you very much, and remember that you Father in Heaven and Savior Jesus Christ love you. No matter what. They are always reaching for us... we just need to reach back.
-Sister Jensen
It's a beautiful day in Nauvoo today. :) Are any of you sick of Temple pictures yet? No? Good. :)
Our favorite kind of studies. :)
This is what happens when you get cold during weekly planning. In August. In the mid-west... beats me.
What the heavens....