Thursday, January 29, 2015

Just Normal Peope...Who Drink Soda Sometimes

Remember that Kangaroo I was tellin ya about with the baby and some spicy chips? Well, go ahead and add an orangutan in a suit drinking hot milk with sprinkles to that. I tell ya people, I don't think I have had more crazy weeks than I have here in Boone. Especially lately. I think the Lord is just trying to keep me on my toes so I don't get trunky. :) As crazy as the week was for Sister Romero and I, it was way good and we had some really incredible experiences. Eye-opening experiences I guess you could say. Those are always a good thing. For lack of time, I will just share with you some highlights...
1. Yes. I got my official "you're going home" letter. I will admit, it freaked me out at first but then I was quickly comforted and reminded that it is okay to go home. The Lord never expected me to serve a 70 year mission. What he also reminded me of though is how hard I need to work for these next 4 weeks. There is still SOOO much to do and the Lord has not been shy in letting me know that this week. Makes me super pumped to be completely exhausted by the time I step off the airplane. Just like Elder Holland said: "I want you to have nothing left when you step off that airplane. I want them to have to CARRY you off the airplane." That's the plan. :)
2. KYLE HAS A DATE FOR MARCH 29!!!! Guys. This man is so prepared. He is absorbing EVERYTHING that we teach him and more importantly what the Spirit is teaching him. He was on the phone with his mom (who is a Methodist preacher BTW) the night after our first visit and she told him to not meet with us cause we were a cult. Ya wanna know what Kyle did? He told her we are just normal people who like to drink soda sometimes. HAHA YES!!!! Already doing mission work. :)  He is reading the Book of Mormon on his own, and praying. He hasn't come to church yet because of work, but he will be there this Sunday. We got a text from him last night that literally made us giddy. "I read Nephi2 and prayed. I'm going to bed." Haha so great...
3. I am so grateful for the power of the Spirit and the gift of discernment. We had kind of a crazy lesson with Pam this week... she has had a lot of things happen in her life and she just suppressed them for so long and she snapped this week. She brought up a lot of doubts that she has had. I have no doubt that Satan was speaking directly through her because she was so vulnerable. So many times while she was speaking things would come to mind and I would start to share them but then I would be constrained. Same with Sister Romero. Looking back now, if we would have shared those things, the lesson wouldn't have gone as well as it did. We let her just rail on us for about 20 minutes and then finally we spoke. SO MUCH POWER! Wow... I don't even know how to explain it. Because Satan's presence was so strong, the Spirit came full force. It ended up being a really good thing for all of us. We eventually felt like she should get a blessing just to help her and it was absolutely perfect... of course. It was a very humbling and growing experience for all of us, that's for sure.
4. I finished ALL of my school stuff this week and don't have to worry about it till I get home. HALLELUJAH!
5. I had my last Zone Training meeting this week and it was incredible. I was moved to the point of tears because of how strong the Spirit was. That is one thing I am going to miss the most... the meetings. 
6. We think we might officially be rid of our little friends... aka our bed bugs. :) Since we got the new beds, we have gone 8 DAYS WITHOUT ANY BITES!! It's a miracle. We did have to spend like 7 hours on Thursday though doing ALL of our laundry again. Haha such a pain, but worth it if they are gone. Keep us in your prayers!
7. We got fed TWO dinners on Sunday night. I am still full.
8 Matt and his kids came to church for the FOURTH SUNDAY IN A ROW! We just don't even know how to handle ourselves any more. I have seriously been praying for the family my ENTIRE mission. The Lord is so wise and merciful people. Never forget that. They are incredible though. We are still working with Sister Brittain to get her to church, but we know she will come eventually. I do have a miracle to share though... WE FINALLY INVITED DEVIN, JAYDEN, AND SAVANNAH TO BE BAPTIZED!!! Each of them was SOOO excited and we are excited for them all to be baptized together. Ah. The Gospel is so true.
Well, there is all of that for you. I really can't believe how fast the time is flying, but I am learning it is a good thing because it helps us work harder. :)
In my studies this week, I have spent quite a bit of time in the book of 1 John chapter 3. If you haven't read this chapter recently, PLEASE GO READ IT NOW! My mind was absolutely blown, and I learned SO much! I will share with you one of the things that hit me the most...

11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
13 Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.
14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
17 But whoso hath this world’s good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, howdwelleth the love of God in him?
18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue;but in deed and in truth.

Part of the summary of this chapter is that love for others is required to gain eternal life. CHARITY. As a missionary and as a representative of Christ, you learn a lot about charity. You learn about the perfect love that God has for His children because sometimes He lets you feel it. You learn a lot about unconditional service. Charity was one of the main attributes of our Savior Jesus Christ. In the second verse of this chapter it talks about how when Christ comes again, we will be like him because we will see his as he is. I thought about how each of us will have the privilege of seeing the Savior physically, but I want to see him spiritually. That is only possible if we are like him, as this verse reminds us. The point of this life is to become like Jesus Christ. "Be ye therefore Perfect." What a commandment and what a promise. I encourage each of you to not only study this chapter, but also to "examine yourselves" (2 Cor. 13:5) and see where your charity is at.
I love each of you and am so grateful for you. Keep the faith and remember God loves you... no matter what.
-Sister Jensen
"Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa."
Officially got "the letter" this week....

I'm pretty sure that all of Boone has the flu right now, and it is hindering our old people visits. I NEED MY ELDERLY!!!!
Scholarships and scholar-chips.