Monday, September 8, 2014

Make a Call Home....To Your Father in Heaven

Woah. That really is all I can say to sum up this week. I feel like August just started yesterday, and it is already the 8th of September. This week FALEW by. No joke. I feel like I blinked and all the sudden it was Monday again. That seems to be happening a lot these days...hmmm. Heavenly Father is really blessing this area, so we have been pretty busy this week. I'm exhausted, but it is all worth it cause we are bringing souls to Christ. :) There were lots of highlights this week! I will try to sum everything up in a way that is comprehend able:
1. Of course you already know, but we got to go to the Temple on Monday. That always helps create a good week. :)
2. For the rest of Monday since it was a holiday, we got to do some fun things! First off, the Raisors invited us over to play some games which was awesome. You better believe I killed everyone in Uno Attack. After that, we all headed to the park in Hamilton and met up with a bunch of members to have dinner and play baseball. It was SOOO fun! Some non-members came too and that is something I love. Just helping them see that missionaries are people too. We can be cool sometimes!! Plus, I got to brush up on my softball skills. MAJOR FAIL. But hey, it's all good. :)
3. The Shallenbergers officially have a date. October 18th. MIRACLE!!! They haven't 100% committed to it yet, but they are praying about it which is a big step. Please if you can, keep them in your prayers. They need them more now than ever!
4. We finally found a new investigator! Her name is Liz and she lives in Warsaw. Her brother (who is the only member of their family) got home from his mission about a year ago and is going to BYU, came and visited this week. So one day we get this random text from him inviting us over for dinner so we could teach about the Family Proclamation. Liz just had a baby a couple months ago, so he thought that would be perfect. It was a really great dinner and lesson! We could tell she was really touched by the Spirit, especially as her brother bore testimony. She said she would be baptized, so keep her in your prayers!
5. We have been working with this less active member now for about 3 months, and she has officially been reactivated! She has come to church 5 weeks in a row, and starts Temple prep classes next week! PURE JOY!!!! We went and had a movie night this week with her and her 2 girls and watched "The Testaments." She really loved it cause she said it brought the Book of Mormon to life. She is doing so well, and we are so proud of her.
6. This week is transfers and usually we don't find out till tonight our transfer doctrine, but Sister Jensen cheated a little bit and told us our doctrine on Saturday night... WE ARE BOTH STAYING!!! Yay! :) This will be a weird transfer though... transfers are usually 6 weeks long, but for some reason, this transfer will only be 5 weeks long and the next one will be 7. So you can only imagine how fast it will fly! I am so excited to be staying here though. I absolutely love this place with all my heart! 4.5 months here wouldn't have been enough and luckily Heavenly Father thought so too. :)
So... that was our week! As I look back on this last transfer, I realize how much I have grown. I don't know what has made this transfer different, but I have grown more in these last 6 weeks than any other. I feel closer to my Father in Heaven and to my Savior... I feel like a more adequate vessel for the Holy Ghost... I just feel... more complete. I can't describe it. But as I look back on this transfer, I also realize that this has been one of the hardest transfers on my mission. You better believe those two things correlate! One of my favorite talks is called, "Refined in our Trials."
https://www.lds.org/ensign/2006/02/refined-in-our-trials?lang=eng
I feel like I have experienced that more than ever on my mission, but especially this last transfer. Missions are some times just a big bowl of trials. You better believe I have cried more on my mission than I have in my life. But, I know without a doubt that I would not be where I am today, or WHO I am today without those trials. Neither would you. GOD SPEAKS TO US THROUGH OUR TRIALS. HE MOLDS US THROUGH OUR TRIALS. I know that with all of my heart. There will always be trials. Always. That is part of life. The trick is to find the growth and joy in those trials. It exists... I promise you that. Each of you is experiencing something right now that is hard. Something that is weighing you down. I exhort you with all of my heart and soul to call upon the Savior and to allow His atoning sacrifice to lift you and comfort you. He is always there. Call upon Him, and then trust that he heard you.
I love you all. Thank you for all you do. I know that Heavenly Father is mindful of each of you. Pray for his spirit to be with you this new week, and strive to follow His promptings. I love you all more than you know!
-Sister Jensen
This... is Ice Pawn. :)
The typical Kennedy R face.


Being the Warners chauffeur is the best. :)
Painting Sister Plessingers porch. :)