1. First off let me tell you that the high this week was 68 degrees. I'M SO HAPPY!!!! Yep. Scarves and coats have officially begun. It's so crazy though. I just remember September of last year being miserably hot. I like this better. :)
2. We got to go to the Temple as a district this week because it was transfers week. Sister Barker got transferred this week which bummed me out pretty bad, but I am so happy for her because she is now the STL over Winterset! Also, Sister Nye replaced her here in Keokuk and Sister Nye and I served in Des Moines together for 6 months. Yep. I'm pumped.
3. There was an absolutely CRAZY storm this week! I sent some pics, but I will give you some more details. So all day Tuesday it was pretty stormy, and at about 11 pm Tuesday night we heard the loudest crack I have ever heard. I scared me half to death! My bed is right next to the front windows and it literally shook me. Anyways, so we wake up Wednesday morning and go outside. The tree across the street had got struck by lighting right down the middle of it. FREAKY!! So we spent most the morning picking up tree bits off the road so cars could go by.
4. We got to have another movie night this week with the Evans, Sister Love (a recent convert), and Carolyn. It was so much fun! We got to watch "The Testaments" which is one of my favorite... missionary... movies. :) We feel like it really helped Carolyn be more excited to read the Book of Mormon. SUCCESS!
5. I hit 13 months yesterday. AWHAT?!?!
It was a pretty low key week, it just went super fast.
I want to share with all of you thought something that I learned in my personal study this week. It was something that hit me very hard, and really changed my perspective of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. It comes from the book of Matthew, chapter 26:
36 ¶Then cometh Jesus with them unto a place called Gethsemane, and saith unto the disciples, Sit ye here, while I go and pray yonder.
37 And he took with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and began to be sorrowful and very heavy.
38 Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me.
39 And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed,saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me:nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.
40 And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep,and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour?
41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.
42 He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it,thy will be done.
43 And he came and found them asleep again: for their eyes were heavy.
44 And he left them, and went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words.
45 Then cometh he to his disciples, and saith unto them, Sleep on now, and take your rest: behold, the hour is at hand, and the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners.
46 Rise, let us be going: behold, he is at hand that doth betray me.
We know that it was in the Garden of Gethsemane that the Savior bled from every pore. I don't even think that our mortal minds can comprehend the amount of pain and suffering that the Savior felt. He knew exactly what it felt like, and yet... He returned two more times to the Garden to atone. He did not do it just once... but 3 times. He did that for each of us... I don't even think that words can express how deeply this has effected me, and honestly... I don't wish them to. That is a very sacred experience for me, but also something I wanted to share a piece of with each of you. I have learned much about the Atonement thus far on my mission and how truly eternal it is. The love that Christ has for each of us is simply, incomprehensible. That is the only thing that could have carried him through his earthly experiences. The love He had for YOU. I hope that you never forget that no matter how far you run, how lost you are, how lonely you may feel, how much sin you may have, how much of a saint you are... Christ is always there! ALWAYS! He knows us perfectly. Do not turn away from Him... salvation can only come through the Lord Jesus Christ and His perfect atonement.
I love you all very much. Thank you for all you do and for the prayers on my behalf. I feel them daily... I truly do. I pray that you all have a wonderful week and that you remember who you are and what you stand for.
|This dragon fly was huge!!!!!! You better believe I sanitized my planner.|
|"Let me tell ya 'bout my best friend..."|
|Yes. That is our little brown house to the right. SKETCH!|
|The crazy rain storm that took down our neighbors tree! This was from our porch.|
|The Elders totally skipped out on the district pic... but hey. It's cool. I love these Sisters. :)|
|I was a LITTLE tired after nightly prayer...|