Wednesday, July 23, 2014

SWEEEET WEEK!

Okay... so this is gonna be another one of those lame, "I ran out of time, and can't type very fast" emails. Sorry!
Monday: The Warners took us out to dinner tonight for Sister Rasmussen's birthday, and it was just so fun. We all got to talk about our investigators and get advice... I love having them so close. :)
Tuesday: Nothing too exciting today, but we did get to work the pageant tonight! I saw a lot of missionaries from around the mission who had come to watch, so that was cool. We didn't have the opportunity to stay cause we didn't have anyone with us, but it was still fun to proselyte there.
Wednesday: Today was a little bit hard... Sister Munson (the sweet member we go read the Ensign with every week) has very aggressive cancer and her family told us it was time to say bye... So we had the opportunity to go and say one last prayer with her. As I spoke, I had this overwhelming feeling that I was praying words that were not my own. It was a very overwhelming and tender moment for the 3 of us...each of us felt so many angels in her room. Such an amazing, sacred experience.
Thursday: Today was just a run around day. Pageant is taking up a lot of our time, so when we have any time... it is spent finding and visiting investigators.
Friday: Zone Conference today! Yay!! There were only 2 zones there and we usually have about 5 or 6, so that was weird, but it was so fun! I got to see so many people. Also, Sister Barker, Sister Pratt, Sister Rasmussen, and myself all got to sing a number which was special. I have truly learned to love expressing my testimony through song on my mission. After the conference we spent some time in Carthage, and then had to get home cause some Sisters were coming to spend the night with us. It was so fun to have them with us. I love new Sisters.
Saturday: We got to help out at a carnival for about 3 hours which was good. We didn't really talk to anyone, but they all saw the Badge and that is all we can ask for. :) We got to go to pageant tonight, cause we worked it and because we had the Shallenbergers come. The best part of the day... actually the week... happened at pageant. I knew they were there and I was trying not to be distracted... we were getting our seats ready and I turn around. There they are. Both of them. Staring at me and smiling. Yep... I got to see my sweet grandparents. Words cannot even describe how I felt when I saw them. I hugged Nana and then I hugged Pops. (Don't worry... I got permission from President Jensen!) They were here. In my little sacred place. In my home. Pure joy is all that describes it. To top it all off, we sat right behind them for the pageant. Wasn't even planned. The Lord is so amazing people.
Sunday: We got to do weekly planning before church and then headed to Nauvoo. Sacrament was packed of course. My favorite... makes me feel like I am back in Utah. :) We had a very unexpected lesson with our new investigator, William. He is 14 and has more questions than anyone I know. And they are good questions.. we were pretty stumped. But, his grandma bore the most powerful testimony and I know he felt it. We are excited to continue to work with him.
And here we are again at another Monday. My day was made as I sat in Grandpa Johns Cafe and ate with my Grandparents and other family members and friends. We got to sit and chat for about and hour, and it was amazing. They are two of the most influential people in my life, so for me to be able to share with them this sacred little place is something I will cherish forever.
I have really had an amazing week... I feel like I grew a lot this week. I don't even know how to explain it, but I am different this week. In a good way. I want to share with you one of my favorite Hymns, especially since serving here. We sang it in Sacrament, and it really touched me and I feel inspired to share it with you.
https://www.lds.org/music/library/hymns/let-zion-in-her-beauty-rise?lang=eng
I have really understood a lot about those early saints since serving here as you can imagine. I have wondered to myself so many times why they did what they did. They knew it would be hard... so why? My favorite verse of this song explains to ME why...
That glorious rest will then commence
Which prophets did foretell,
When Saints will reign with Christ on earth,
And in his presence dwell
A thousand years, oh, glorious day!
Dear Lord, prepare my heart
To stand with thee on Zion's mount
And nevermore to part.
They knew that rest would eventually come. They knew that God would honor his promises if they did. They gloried in the thought of those thousand years when they would be allowed to worship their Lord and Savior on the Earth with no persecution and fear. They knew they were being prepared. I look so forward to that day when I can sit with my Savior and those early saints who paved the way for ME and my posterity. And I glory in the joys and pains of life... because each little thing prepares me to worship Him. I love this gospel. I love my mission. And I love my Savior and King, Jesus Christ.
I pray that you all have a wonderful week full of miracles and love. I Love you all!
-Sister Jensen
"Ma girls." :) Sister Ramsey served with Sister Barker and I when we were in Winterset.
The originals from my good ole' Winterset days. :)
Zone Conference!
We got to have Sister Whipple and Sister Dixon come and spend the night with us! They are serving in Des Moines and had come down for the pageant. (Sister Whipple is in the red, and Sister Dixon in the Blue. Sister Dixon is one of the Sister Training Leaders for Winterset, so we got to talk all about that.) :)
No joke.. that is a real samurai sword. Don't know if that's allowed... but hey... When in Nauvoo right? :)
Two of my favorite people (aka... Nana and Pops) in the world came to Nauvoo, and I got permission to see them. :) Life=complete.