Monday, June 30, 2014

Sweet Testimony Growth

Well... another week bites the dust. Remember when June started yesterday? PSYCH! Does anyone else feel like this year is flying? It's fine.
Monday: Nothing super special happened today... just your normal p-day. Elder Jones did give me a nickname during volleyball... Say hello to "The Cannon." :)
Tuesday: Well, of course we did all of our service today. I am going to be a pro envelope stuffer by the end of my time here! Kathryn (who works at Montebellos) took us out to lunch... at the Mexican Restaurant. :) MY FAV! After service, we did our mormon.org time in Carthage and then headed to meet with the Raisors. They invited Brayan over, and we just had a fun dinner. The kids were all over Brayan, and he took it like a champ. I'm so excited to be a mom. :) We had a little time before coming home, so we did some Formers finding in Hamilton. Don't mind us... just thrusting in our sickle.
Wednesday: Of course, we did some more family history.( Nana- I have found a TON of names on Papas side, but I need to go through and verify them all but I will send you the info when I'm done. It might take a couple weeks!) After that we headed to Carthage again for service at the hospital and then we went to Marks house to have a lesson with him. He is doing okay... he could use a couple extra prayers right now. Then we had an amazing lesson with April. Guys... she is as prepared as they come. She has such a fire in her and she just smiles the entire time we are there. Haha she literally sits on the end of her chair cause she is so excited. I love her.
Thursday: BEST DAY EVER!!!!!!!! I saw my family today... :) Well, my Winterset family that is. That's right.... THE PRICES CAME TO NAUVOO!! Oh my heavens, I about died. We had district meeting and we were all having lunch and then they walked in. So Sister Barker got to see them too. We were in Heaven! That just made my week. :) We came back to Hamilton after that and just did a lot of running around. Saw some members and some less actives. Did some finding... all that good stuff. We met with the Petersons, and we got to hear all about Alyssas mission to Taiwan. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry... haha. I see how hard it is for her being home, and it freaks me out. I still got 8 months though. I'm good. :) We had a lesson with the Shallenbergers tonight. We watched the Restoration video with them and it went good.
Friday: Weekie P took up most of our afternoon, and then we drove to Carthage to have another lesson with Mark. Today was a pretty special day in Carthage... it was the Commemoration for the Martyrdom of Joseph and Hyrum Smith. It was one of the most touching programs I have ever seen. My testimony of the Prophet Joseph and his mission has grown so much on my mission. Especially serving here. I know without a doubt that he was called of God. It was just very special for me personally to remember him and the Patriarch Hyrum. I will never forget that experience. We went to that with the sweet couple serving in the Family history center, and they took us out to dinner afterwards which took up the rest of our night. Before we went home, we went to Keokuk to pick up Sister Barker and Sister Pratt for exchanges the next day. We just had a little sleepover and it was fun. :)
Saturday: I got to go with Sister Pratt for exchanges and she is just amazing! She is from Mesa, AZ so we bonded over that for a while. :) We saw a lot of miracles on exchanges.... we got some sweet potentials and taught some really amazing lessons. It was a good day.
Sunday: We had an interesting lesson with the Shallenbergers this morning... we have decided to just give them some space for two weeks so they can decide what they want. They could really use your prayers right now... Church was absolutely amazing today! April came again, and Alyssa have her homecoming talk!  Because it was the 5th Sunday, the whole ward (minus the primary) got together and Bishop Smith gave the one of the most amazing lessons on missionary work I have ever heard. I was so pumped up and I know the ward was too. Wanna know what the best part was though? April got up and bore her testimony. GUYS! April has only been to church twice and has been taught for like 4 weeks. For all those who just fainted... come back now. I was literally in shock! SHE IS SO PREPARED!!!!!!!!! We hung out with the Grows tonight, which obviously is one of my favorite things ever, and then we headed to the Pageant stage to see an amazing show called, "Our Story Goes On." They basically kind of act out the Plan on Salvation. All you need to know is that it is a complete tear-jerker. Bawling... for days. It's fine. Such a good day.
Well, that was our week here for the Hamilton Sisters, and what a week it was! I personally grew a lot this week... I learned a lot about myself and the atonement and how it not only is changing the people we are teaching, but it is changing me. I am so grateful for the atonement of Jesus Christ. It has meant everything to me on my mission. It has carried me through things that I never thought I could handle. Times when I just wanted to curl up in a ball and cry. Looking back... those were the times the Lord helped me grow the most. How grateful I am for his love and his personal concern for me and my mission. I love my Savior with all of my heart, and I want each of you to know that.
My invitation this week comes because of April. Next Sunday is fast and testimony meeting and I want to invite all of you to get up in sacrament and bear your testimony of the Savior. If April can do it, each of us can do it. One of my favorite quotes I have heard on my mission so far is, "More people gain a testimony bearing one, than on their knees praying for one." I believe that with all of my heart. Each of you has a very unique testimony, and it is meant to be shared.
I love each of you very much. I thank my Heavenly Father for my family and friends everyday. Thank you for your examples and your love. I pray that you have a wonderful week!
-Sister Jensen
MY FAMILY!!! :)

The best view in the whole town. :)