Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Highlights

 It is really starting to scare me how fast the weeks are flying...sometimes I find myself literally begging for more time in a day! My how things change in 5 months. :) Despite the fact that this week flew by, nothing too exciting happened. Just the same old missionary work, with a few highlights. :)
Monday: Just your regular p-day. Games at the church... dinner with the coolest family ever... ya know.  The Watson's are seriously the coolest! I will have to take a pic when we eat with them again next week so you can see what I am talking about. Any house full of 6 kids is my favorite house. :)
Tuesday: Well of course we went and played bingo with our favorite old ladies. That is always fun! Then we got to print out pictures of the Temple for the people in the ward who will be doing baptisms for the dead for the first time next week. I may have enjoyed this activity a little too much...and I may or may not have printed out 57 pics of my favorite Temples for my "Temple book." Haha don't judge! It's been 5 months. I am going through withdrawals. Anywho, then went to the Scott's for dinner. They are so sweet and we had an AMAZING lesson with them. I just am obsessed with my ward.
Wednesday: Slow day. A couple highlights though... 1. Being whistled at by a 7 year old. Haha was it weird? Why yes it was. 2. NEW BEGINNINGS! We got to go the church and participate in the Young Women's new beginnings. Holy moly I love the youth in the Raccoon river ward. these girls seriously are incredible! The spirit was so strong as they bore their testimonies and it truly touched me.
Thursday: We did the normal morning routine and then had district meeting so we all met up at the church and Sister Wolfgramm gave an amazing training on the power and authority of our calling. That has taken me some time to grasp, but I think I am getting it. :) After the meeting, we all went to the mall for some lunch. We had some time before our dinner appt. so we decided to drive to the boonies to find this less active we have never met. Then the storm hit. Haha that sounded so dark... but seriously. We could tell a storm was comin in cause the clouds were not lookin so good. Well, we made it half way down her driveway when all the sudden a literal blizzard hit. In like 4 seconds, tops! It was pretty scary actually. On our way running back to the car a giant branch actually broke off a tree, and hit me. No worries mom, I only have a couple bruises. :) When we got back tot he car, the Zone Leaders sent out a text saying that all cars and missionaries were grounded. So obviously, we headed home and spent the night inside.
Friday: Usually weekly planning is on Fridays, but we just had too many appts so we decided to do it on Saturday. Today we had a lunch appt. with one of the members and that was fun! Sister Price actually came so it was just like a lunch date with the girls. Haha it was fun. :) Then we had an appt. with the Jehovah's Witness family we have been teaching. It actually went a lot better this time! We both felt very prepared and we were. Of course, they still have a ton of questions still, but we are answering a lot of them. I am just grateful for the spirit that's for sure! After that we did our Mormon.org time which of course gave me my cry fest for the week. That is always nice. :) After that we had a lesson with the Greens. So we are teaching Karissa's mom, and 2 sisters. It was amazing to teach them the Plan of Salvation and testify to them about it. The most amazing thing happened though... a couple minutes into our lesson, their neighbor who is 12 years old walked into their apt. and wanted to hear the lesson. She is our newest investigator! She is so prepared. Heavenly Father is so great! After our lesson, the Barbers had invited us out to eat with them and a less active family in the ward. Of course, it had to be at the bar in town. Haha the whole "2 missionaries in a bar" thing never gets old. :) On our way home, we stopped at the Allen's (prices neighbor) so that they could meet Sister Wolfgramm. I just love them, which is good cause we always say we are going to love them into the church. :)
Saturday: weekly planning! That pretty much took up almost our whole day, but we did have time to go and visit Kathy. She is one of my heroes. This sweet woman has been a member for about 21 years, and she will be entering the Temple for the first time next Saturday to do baptisms for the dead. I am so proud of her! She truly is amazing. No worry... picture to come soon! :)
Sunday: As always, today was wonderful! Being a part of the Raccoon River ward is such a blessing. These people will forever and always have a special place in my heart. After church, we headed out to do some work! We went to the Jackson's first to do coordination and then stopped by Linda and Ann's house to say hi. Again, pic to come soon. These 2 ladies are hilarious and so wonderful! They never cease to make me smile. Well, as you can see there wasn't much goin on this week, but it was a great week! I can literally feel Heavenly Fathers blessing every day! I absolutely LOVE being a missionary! It took me a while, but I get it now. I love this work with all of my heart! At new beginnings this week, they showed a video that absolutely touched me. It made me realize how much the church truly cares about the youth. I have NO doubt that the missionaries and the youth get the most prayers! I invite you all to watch this video and to share it with your children. There is something to learn from it for all of us. Coming unto Christ is something that I have tried to do on my mission. It is so hard and so easy at the same time, we just have to remember that his arms are always open, we just have to accept Him.
https://www.lds.org/youth/video/come-unto-christ-2014-theme-song?lang=eng
I hope you have all had a wonderful week! I pray that you may all remain safe and healthy! I love you all! God bless! :)
-Sister Jensen
"Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa."
 It isn't every day someone gives a missionary their "last pack" of
cigarettes... haha....

 When you forget your earmuffs in a snow storm, you have to resort to
a scarf wrap :)

 Haha you know there is a little too much snow when your pic is whited out...

 I AM OBSESSED WITH IOWA

 I could seriously sit and look at the scenery of Iowa forever!