Tuesday, January 14, 2014

From Grounded to Great!

Wow. Another week down. It feels like I was sitting at this computer just yesterday! IT was a good week though, we did some good work. :)
Monday: Well, we couldn't do much because we were grounded again. Haha well technically our cars were grounded, but because we live in the boonies that means we are grounded too. We got permission to go into
town to email and grocery shop and then we had to go straight home. Of course, we just laughed and ate junk food and watched Prophet of the Restoration. It was a great p-day. :)
Tuesday: Kind of a slower day. We came into town and we did Mormon.org time (which always gives me a good cry, so I enjoy it), then we went to bingo. That was something Sister Barker and I had started doing, so it was weird going with Sister Wolfgramm, but of course all the old people just loved her so it worked out. :) That night we were able to see Karissa and just talk with her about the Faith in God for girls book she had gotten. We went over the Articles of Faith with her, and she just got so excited! Every time we teach her something new, she accepts it so well. I love that girl so much!
Wednesday: When we first got into town, we stopped by and saw one of our investigators, January. We haven't been by for a while because with the Christmas season they were just so busy. We had an amazing lesson though! The spirit was really so strong, and Sister Wolfgramm and I both felt that she will be baptized sooner than later. She is so prepared she just doesn't know it yet. :) After that we went and did more service at the Assisted Living home. They ate snacks and we played checkers. Haha it was great! That night, we came home right at the perfect time, so the Prices ended up feeding us. It was my favorite meal so I was happy. :)
Thursday: Today we decided to meet up with the Elders in our ward to discuss our areas. So we all met up at the church after studies, and talked for about 3 hours. It was intense! When everyone left, Sister Wolfgramm and I stayed for a while and went through our entire area book! All of our formers, potentials, documents, etc. Literally everything and we spent about 5 hours organizing it! It felt so good! In the middle of it all we had forgotten to eat lunch so we decided Heavenly Father would understand if we needed some goldfish from the nursery. Haha no shame. :) After that, we headed to our dinner appt. with the Germaines and then headed home.
Friday: One of the best days of my mission! Haha I know I say that so much, but seriously. This day=prime. SO we started out with our studies of course, and then drove to Johnston (about 40 min. away, and NOT in our area) to meet with a potential. I think I talked about them a little bit in a previous email.. they are the Wolfs and a member brought them to a Christmas devotional that was held at the Stake center about a month ago. Anyways, we have been trying to meet with them since then and there was just never a time that worked, until today. What a lesson. I really don't even think words can describe it. Imagine the most prepared person you can think of, times that by 1000, and you have Tammy Wolf. She sat there and told us her life story, and it was completely inspiring. It is very personal, so I won't share it one here but boy. All three of us pretty much just sobbed the entire hour. She talked about how she had church hopped her whole life and just never felt complete in any of the churches. Then she came to our Christmas devotional and she said after that she literally felt hungry for more. IT was such a blessing to be able to testify of the spirit at that moment and see her eyes light up when she realized what it was. It really was just the most touching and inspiring lesson I have ever had. After our lesson, Sister Wolfgramm and I literally just cried. We feel so blessed and honored to be able to teach her! It is also amazing to see why it never worked out for Sister Barker and I to go see her.. it needed to be Sister Wolfgramm and I. PEOPLE! God knows what he is doing, okay?? After our lesson, we met up with our zone at the mall for lunch, and of course Sister Wolfgramm and I got Chipotle. ( I love having a companion that is just as obsessed as I am with it!) Then we all headed to the Stake center for Zone Training. Wow. Haha that is all that needs to be said. My zone... boy. I really am so blessed! The trainings were absolutely amazing and exactly what our zone needed. We also found out our mission goal for this year... we don't have one. President Jensen decided that with President Monson's charge for members and missionaries to unite, he decided that a mission goal was not appropriate. He did decide though, that whatever stake you are serving in, that is your goal for that time. So, our zone's goal as of right now is 214. 214 souls to Christ. That literally gives me shivers. It really was just an amazing training! After it was over, Sister Wolfgramm and I both felt like we needed blessings. Can I just say that I love the Priesthood. Holy Moly. It was a very touching moment to hear Elder Aston say things in my blessing that were in my patriarchal blessing. I JUST LOVE HEAVENLY FATHER!!!! He knew exactly what I needed to hear. So, after our blessing and after one last cry fest because of how blessed we feel, Sister Wolfgramm and I headed to dinner with the Barbers. I love that family! They had invited some members of another ward over to eat with us, so that was fun. Also, the brothers name was Tony Stark. Yep. Ya heard that right. I ate dinner with Tony Stark. Haha I felt pretty legit. :) That night, our cars got grounded because of the icy roads, so after dinner we had to go straight home.
Saturday: Because of the zone training yesterday, we did weekly planning today which literally took up all of our day. That night, we had dinner with the Elders at the Jacksons! I always love those dinners. :) Then we went home so that Sister Wolfgramm could do language study. Can I just say that I love having a companion who has to do language study?? Haha extra hour of personal for Sister Jensen. I'm not complainin. :)
Sunday: I LOVE SUNDAYS!!!! So much. Church was amazing as always... I just had a proud big sister moment because Ashton (the girl we live with) got her young womanhood medallion. Haha yes, I cried. I was so proud. :) After church, we headed back the Price's cause they had invited a ton of people over for a big potluck lunch. YUMMY. We were able to stay and eat with everyone, and just have a good time. Then we finished all of our studies. We decided to end our week right, so before we went to bed we watched "Reflections of Christ" and ate Doritos and kettle popcorn. Great end to a great week. :) This seriously was such a great week! Just so many miracles and blessings. I just love being a missionary. It is so hard and absolutely exhausting, but I would not trade these last 5 months for anything. In my Mormon.org time this week, as I was watching some videos there was one in particular that stood out to me.
http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages?v=911161808001
This video just really touched me. As a missionary, I have A LOT of trials, and I know that you all do too, but I KNOW that they are given to make us stronger. They are given to draw us closer to our Savior and to our Heavenly Father. If there is one thing I have learned on my mission so far, it is to be grateful for trials. I hope you can all take the time to watch this video, and if you don't have time, print out the talk and read it later.
http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2008/10/hope-ya-know-we-had-a-hard-time?lang=eng
I know that Jesus Christ lives. I know that Heavenly Father is completely aware of us. I know that the Book of Mormon is His word. I know that this Church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, is the Lord's kingdom once again established on the earth. How blessed are we to be apart of it?? My invitation to you this week, is to take time to thank your Heavenly Father for all that he has given you. One thing that I have loved doing on my mission is prayers of gratitude. In these prayers, I am just thankful. I don't ask for
blessings, I don't ask for anything. I just thank my Heavenly Father for all that he has given me. I invite each of you to do a prayer of gratitude at least once this week. I can promise that you will draw nearer unto Him and he will drawer nearer unto you. I love you all so much! Thank you for taking the time to check up on me and follow my adventures as a missionary. I pray that you will all have a safe and great week. I LOVE YOU!!!! :)
-Sister Jensen
"Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa."

Oh ya know... just woke up to deer family outside our bedroom window. No biggie.

Steal nursery treats...check.