Friday, February 20, 2015

It's the Final Countdown

So... for all you RM's out there... remember when you officially began the single digit countdown to being home and your heart hurt and rejoiced a little bit at the same time? Yea. I finally know what that feels like. 9 days people. Who is counting though? This email is going to be crazy because I have no time and have to write about the last week and a half. So bear with me...
1. We had a huge zone p-day last week and I don't think I have ever been so sweaty. SO PROUD!
2. RICK EXCEPTED A BAPTISMAL DATE FOR MAY 9. Enough said. This guy is so solid. Did a church tour with him and he literally cried cause he felt the spirit so strong.
3. We had a relief society activity this week and I learned all about taxes and debt. Yea for being an adult. (No sarcasm intended... psych.)
4. We had exchanges this past week! I got to be in Ames with Sumpsion and Farnsworth. Seriously was the best last exchange I could have asked for.
5. I woke up super sick this past week, got a blessing, and no joke immediately was healed and have been fine since. I LOVE THE PRIESTHOOD!!!
6. Okay. Let's just take a sec to talk about Kyle. 2 things:
    a. we taught him the Word of Wisdom this week and he had no problem committing to give up his coffee.
    b. HE CAME TO CHURCH AND LOVED IT!!!! He even stayed all 3 hours. Best thing ever. :)
    c. I lied. 3 things. He is still super solid for March 29. Super stoked!
7. Saturday was a big day... it was the day of love and also my 18 month click day. Super weird I tell ya.
8. I got to not only speak in church on Sunday but sing in church on Sunday. The Bishopric felt so bad cause they didn't know I was singing when they asked me to speak. Haha... it was just a day full of Sister Jensen. Perfect.
9. We taught Tessa who is 11 the Law of Chastity this week. So grateful I am a Sister. :)
10. So yesterday was the best... Departing Temple trip. So me and the 28 other missionaries I am going home with spent the day in Nauvoo going to the Temple, shopping, and going to dinner. Did it make me super trunky? Yes. Will that trunkyness last till I get home? NO!! Satan isn't gonna win this one. It was seriously the most perfect day though. :)
And... here we are. It honestly is the weirdest feeling knowing that I will be home next week... I can't describe it. It's really bittersweet. I have grown a lot here in the last 18 months and 4 days and there are things I have learned that I would not trade for the world. I have learned more than anything the importance of focusing on the important things in life. We can get so caught up in all the things I need to do and we forget the things that REALLY matter. I think this video sums it up really well...
http://www.mormonchannel.org/watch/series/mormon-messages/moments-that-matter-most-2
For me, the important things have become Jesus Christ, my family, the scriptures, prayer, and sharing the Gospel. These have become the things I really can't live without. What are the things that you cherish the most? Are they things if God or not God? He encourages us frequently to take a step back, and analyze. I invite you to do the same as well.
I love you all so much and am so grateful for all the support I have received from you on my mission. You will never know the good you have done. Have a wonderful week and remember you are loved.
-Sister Jensen
"Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa."
We made it. :)

Yea.
This is what it has come too.... so ashamed right now.
Trying to be all punk rocker-ish. Super fail. HAHAHA

Things got a little too crazy.... It's da best.
Farns and I just stuck in the back of the van. Typical.
Farnsworth, me, and Sumpsion doing the Sister Jensen dance. Yes... it's a real thing. Yes. This was like our whole exchange. :)