Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Anxiously Engaged

I have run out of funny ways to start my email so I guess I will just start with a joke. Why were the Lamanites legs sore? (Stay tuned for the answer.) Okay. Just kidding. BECAUSE OF ALL THE NEPHITES (knee-fights). HAHA. Its a good one. I also have to give some shout outs to people who I love. A lot. My Aunt Jamie, Uncle Jaun, and Uncle Gavin. HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU THREE!!! Hope it is great. :) AND... to my cousin Savannah. She enters the MTC this week and I just need her to know that I love her so much and am proud of her. YOU ARE ABOUT TO EXPERIENCE ONE OF THE GREATEST THINGS EVER!  It was another great week here in Boone. I really don't think I have ever been this busy on my mission. The Lord is spoiling us, that's for sure. Because of time, I will just give you updates:
1. Our p-day last week was insane. We had our landlord and maintenance man in our apt. for a good 3 hours working on our pipes. We went grocery shopping at 7 pm. And we ate dinner at 10 pm. Yep. There's that for ya.
2. WE FOUND A NEW INVESTIGATOR NAMED RICK. This guy is awesome. Super prepared and really understood the Restoration. Said he would be baptized if he came to know it was true. He's gonna be really blown away when he finds out it is. KA-CHING! 
3. We had the BEST lessons with Kyle this week. We taught him twice and both were in members homes. BEST SCENARIO EVER. Seriously though. The first time we taught him at the Ballards and watched, "The Prophet of the Restoration." He liked it and the Ballards totally killed it. They fed us spiritually with their added testimonies and then physically with hot chocolate. Then we taught him again at the Wards and we decided to invite Josh (our recent convert) cause we were teaching about prayer, scripture study, and how those prepare us to be baptized. Man, the spirit in that lesson was awesome. I don't think we could have had more perfect people there. Kyle said he was feeling good about baptism and was actually looking forward to it. YAYYAYYAYYAY!! Plus, Sister Ward made brownies. This is why the average weight gain for our mission is 40 pounds people. This is why...
4. I officially had my last interview this week... it was weird I tell ya. Especially when President started giving me dating advice and scenarios of how I know I am in love. HE IS THE BEST EVER! I was dying the whole time. Then in my interview with Sister Jensen it was just a big cry fest. It happens. SOOO grateful they are in my life forever. (Sister Jensen made me promise that :)) After interviews, we all went to a Mongolian buffet and my district peer pressured me to eat sushi. I about died. No joke. Gag alert I tell ya. CLEANUP ON ISLE JENSEN.
5. Sister Romero and I found a new function on her camera and have been making weird videos all week. THEY ARE THE BEST THINGS EVER. See below if you don't believe me. 
6. I'll give you an update on the Brittain family even though I am going to say what I always say... I love that family. They are doing so good! Matt came to church again with all 5 kids and had a really amazing experience. People... he isn't even a member of the church yet and was talking last night about how he can't wait to go to the Temple and do work for his family. SO HUMBLED RIGHT NOW! 
7. I FINALLY got to take the sacrament this week. Was it the best part of my week? You better believe it. I LOVE THE SACRAMENT! 
I am just really loving my life right now. Amidst all the crazy things we have to do, and the heart breaks of the door slams... I am happy. Really happy. "There is no greater joy in life than being ANXIOUSLY ENGAGED in the work of the Lord." SO true people.
I wanted to share my testimony on the Sacrament, and the best way to do that is through one of my favorite talks from conference...
A renewal for the soul. So true. I have gotten to the point where I literally CAN'T go a week without the sacrament. It has changed me...
Well... I hope each of you have a really amazing week and a wonderful  Valentines day! As you express your love to those around you, don't forget to express your love to the two people who love YOU the most... your Father in Heaven and your Savior Jesus Christ. I love you all! A LOT!! :)
-Sister Jensen
"Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa."
 


HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!
 
THEY'RE BACK! Did they eat a cracker out of my hand this week? Yes. They did. They officially know us. :)
There are perks to living in an old building, but clogged pipes is not one of them.