Wednesday, May 14, 2014

HELLLLOOOO NAUVOO!!!

HJFSGAHLFBSAFGILGVHSAFEGLLRGHJEVFHSDGAHJLVGFHEJWVQHFLGEHWJLQVCHJEWVLQ. Literally... that is how my brain feels right now. In a good way though. :) It has been a very crazy week.
Monday & Tuesday: Literally, I spent these 2 days just saying bye to people. There just wasn't enough time in the day!!! I got to see a lot of people that I had taught in my time in Winterset and it was so good to catch up with them and just leave my testimony with them one more time. I got to see Miki! Do any of you remember Miki? Basically she is one of my favorite people in the world. She was the first non-member I ever taught on my mission. She has such a special place in my heart. I got to see her and catch up, and cry a little. It was great. :) Just a crazy couple days.
Wednesday: Packing day! Yay. When you have been in an area 9 months, you realize that you have WAYYYY too much "stuff." (Thanks mom!) :) I was done packing at about 1 and then we headed to the church to say bye to people. That was hard... I have gotten really close with a lot of these missionaries and it was hard to leave. That night we had dinner with the Turners which was great! They made bets on where I was going. :) Haha I didn't know how I felt about that. On our way home, we stopped at the Allen's and ended up being there for about 2 hours... haha oops. I just love them though!!!! Wednesday was just a crazy night... I didn't know how I was feeling.
Thursday: Transfers... I don't think it hit me that I was getting transferred until transfers. We met up with some other missionaries at the church and got a ride to Iowa City from a member in their ward. When we got to transfers, it was literally a big party. It was one of the biggest transfer meetings so you can imagine how many people I saw. I freaked out a little bit when I heard my momma Sister Barker was there though... haha I went and found her and when she saw me she immediately started crying. Haha I love her!!! We talked for quite a while and then headed in. Then it began... we got a couple trainings and then President started to announce the transfer doctrine. I just sat there waiting and waiting and he never called my name... literally the second to last area called was mine... When I found out I would be with Sister Rasmussen again we both freaked! We ran to hug each other in the chapel. I feel kind of bad cause I screamed, "Holy Crap" about 4 times as I was running in front of a congregation of missionaries... haha it's fine. No shame. After wards we just took hundreds of pics and then we headed home... to NAUVOO!!!! That's right... I am serving in Nauvoo. :) We actually live in Hamilton, but we are over Hamilton, Nauvoo, and Carthage, and then a couple little towns. I am so spoiled dangit! Hopefully I will get to go to the Temple soon. We live in a cute little apartment. I definitely miss the Prices, but I am adjusting. Thursday night, there was a RS event, so I got to meet a lot of the Sisters and they are so cool. I know I am going to love it here! It is weird though being the only missionaries in the ward... something to get used to.
Friday: We did our district meeting today and it was so fun! So Sister Barker is on my district, and then Elder Aston who was my zone leader in Winterset is my Zone Leader again. :) Haha apparently 7.5 months wasn't enough... Upside though: I am already his favorite. :) District meeting was fun! We also have a senior couple in my district but they weren't there Friday. I am excited to meet them! For the rest of the day after that, Sister Rasmussen just took me around to meet all the members! It is so weird being introduced... I am used to introducing! Long day, but a good day!
Saturday: We did our studies and then headed to the church to help the Evans (a family in the ward) set up for Mormon Prom. I have never hung so many streamers in my life. :) After that we headed to Carthage to do some work!  We went to Carthage Jail to meet the Senior couples there and also to do our weekly planning. I am excited to go there with an Investigator so I can do the tour again. :) We stayed there for a little bit and then headed to the Peels for dinner. Sister Peel made chicken roll-ups... my favorite. :) After dinner, we headed back to Hamilton to meet with an investigator. His name is Jack, and he is awesome! He was a referral from the Elders in Keokuk and he is so prepared. We taught him the restoration, and he just ate it up. We are excited to go back and teach him more.
Sunday: I LOVE THE NAUVOO 3RD WARD. Just saying... I miss Raccoon River a lot, but I feel comfortable here so I know I am going to love it. The ward members are so fantastic and have such a desire to do missionary work. Oh, the joys of working in Nauvoo. :) We have church from 2-5 (Weird!!) So before church every week, we go around and round up our investigators. It is awesome! Unfortunately, we didn't have anyone at church this week, but we keep praying for next week. After church we headed to the family history center across the street from the Temple so that Sister Rasmussen could skype. I was so excited for her and it was fun to meet her family. After that, we headed to dinner with the Raizors in Carthage. THEY ARE AMAZING!!! I was hysterically laughing the entire time. They said next time we come, we aren't using plates or utensils. I am excited. :) Then we headed to the Evans and I skyped my family! Holy moly, it was amazing!! It was awesome to see their beautiful faces and to hear their voices. It only made me a little trunky... :) Such a tender mercy! After that we headed home and got in bed. Haha oh... the life of a missionary. :)
Well, there is my week! Sorry it was kind of all over the place. Haha like I said... my brain is a little wacko lately. Just a lot of new things and I am just trying to organize all my thoughts. I am excited to be here though! I am excited to be in such a sacred place, full of amazing people. Sure, we have a lot of anti's, but that adds to the experience. :) We weren't able to fit in mormon.org time this week, so I am just sending one of my favorite videos. :)
http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages?v=1370500727001
I hope that you all have a wonderful week! Remember I love you, God loves you, and Jesus Christ loves you! GOD SPEED!!!
-Sister Jensen
*I will have to find a good Illinois quote. Tune in next week for one. :)
I love my McCall family!!

Arzanis!!!! Left to right: Sister Arzani, Bishop, and then Bishops sister Dianne.

The Jacksons!

The Saxtons!!! (minus Chandler) :)
Ma Allens. :):)

Transfers were CRAZY!!! My old new comp on the left, Sister Rasmussen (we were companions in the MTC), and my Momma Sister Barker on the right! She is now my Sister Training leader and in my District. Haha so crazy...

Generation Pic. :)

Reunited and it feels so good!!! :) All of my MTC favorites!!!!!! Transfers rock.
I get this view about 4-6 times a week. Um... what?
We did our weekly planning on the grounds at Carthage Jail... AMAZING!!!
We make this drive almost every day!

Most spiritual place in the house. :)

We are on the Left! Home sweet home. :)