Wednesday, April 16, 2014

D&C 6:9

"Say nothing but repentance unto this generation; keep my commandments, and assist to bring forth my work, according to my commandments, and you shall be blessed." One of my favorite things about being a missionary, is seeing promises like this be fulfilled. WHAT A WEEK!
Monday: It was just our regular p-day. We did our email, and grocery shopping and then headed to the church for games. It was a little bit warmer today so instead of playing inside we all went outside and played ultimate Frisbee. Haha that was fun. :) Then we had dinner with the Arzanis. I just love them! Sister Arzani cooked this amazing meal for us, and then didn't even eat cause she had to work. Then after dinner, Bishop took us all outside and talked to us about his Harley for about 30 minutes. Haha that man is passionate about his bike. :) We all just kept joking that he definitely isn't a Utah Mormon. We love him!
Tuesday: One of the most amazing days on my mission.  Most of you know that the last couple weeks have just been really hard... we just weren't finding any success so we spent a lot of our time on our knees praying, fasting, and studying. And the Lord heard our pleas... we invited two of his precious daughters to be baptized today. What a blessing! I really can't think back to a time in this area where we found 2 new investigators in one day. We were very blessed. We are really excited to continue with Susie and Binky and I will keep you updated! That night ended just perfectly with a visit to the Watson's. We got to hear all about Brother Watson's conversion and his mission to the islands of Fiji. Then we role played with him as an antagonist. Haha that was fun. It was just a great day!
Wednesday: Apparently Heavenly Father decided we needed some more blessings cause we found another new investigator today. Her name is Kim and she is awesome! When we invited her to be baptized, she was pretty excited, so that is good. :) She is so much like my family... haha she loves to talk so I just love her. :) It was a fun lesson! That night we got to go see Karissa and talked to her about missionary work. She was so excited when she found out that she could be a missionary just like us. Haha I love that girl!
Thursday: CRAZY DAY! We had district meeting. The trainings were awesome and definitely things that I needed to work on. Afterwards we went to Van Meter for a little bit and did some PPHD. (Prepared People Hunt Down.) My favorite. :) Then we headed to the Christensen's. They actually ended up taking us to the Thomas' house for a work party they were having. The experience we had there just confirmed to me how much I love the spirit. That morning, we were trying to figure out what we wanted to share with the Christensen's and we decided to watch "Reflections of Christ" with them because it is almost Easter. Well, at this work party, a non-member had come. Seriously, "Reflections of Christ" was perfect! He felt the spirit super strong and just thanked us so much afterwards for sharing that with him. Haha I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!!!
Friday: Just your normal weekly planning Friday.  We went and saw Kathy. She is just amazing. She has such a desire to do what's right and she really has just changed my life. She is definitely one I am going to miss a lot when I leave... We were able to have a SWEET lesson with her about Jesus Christ and we all just pretty much sat there and cried. It was da best. Then we had dinner with the Jacksons! Yay! Haha seriously us and the Elders just sit there and laugh about all the HILARIOUS things Brother Jackson says. That man... so awesome. Haha  After that we went and saw Linda and Ann and just talked with them for a little bit. I love those 2 ladies.
Saturday: I am not super sure where Saturday went. It literally FLEW by. When we got into town we went and did Mormon.org time and then afterwards headed to Frostees for some ice cream cause it was 80 DEGREES TODAY! No joke. It was awesome. :) After that we went and saw Susie and kind of had a Book of Mormon smack down with her. Those are my favorite. :) Then we did some knocking and street contacting and then went and saw Beverly. We shared a message with her and then she gave us chocolate. Good trade I would say!
Sunday: Today, we really understood what everyone meant when they kept telling us about "tornado season." We walk out for church and it is FREEZING and POURING RAIN. Are ya kiddin me Iowa? I am just happy we made it to church! There were some great talks shared and lessons given. I don't think you guys realize how much I love this ward. It's a problem. After church, the Saxton's had invited us over for dinner so that was fun! We went and helped make everything and it was delicious! We got to share a message with them and us and the Elders sat down with Sister Saxton to talk about some families in the ward. Chill night. Can I just say though that I love Sister Price? Haha on our way home Sister Cole and I were talking about how we really just needed a little something sweet. We walk into the house and Sister Price says, "I made cookies. Do ya want one?" Do we want one... HA! So delicious!
Well, there is my week. Simply put... a week of complete miracles. This week has been a very spiritual and tender week for me. I feel like I grew a lot this week which is something that I am very grateful for. My faith in the Savior was strengthened more than I could have thought through this whole trial=blessings time. This last week, we have done a lot of Easter lessons. Asking people to focus on the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. That is something that I have tried to do as well, and it has been a very strengthening experience. I have a couple of links to share with each of you this week. I ENCOURAGE you to take the time to look at each one. I PROMISE you that they will greatly increase the spirit in your life this Easter season.
https://www.lds.org/youth/video/because-of-him?lang=eng&cid=email-shared\ (ONE OF MY FAVORITE VIDEOS EVER!!!!!)
http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages?v=1101418662001#.U0mKCxL45OU.email
http://easter.mormon.org/
Along with these witnesses of the Saviors resurrection, I add my testimony and my witness that he lives! He is risen and he is still here with us. One of my favorite quotes as a missionary has been D&C 84:88. I know without a doubt that my Savior has been with me everyday for these last 8 months. He has changed me in ways I didn't think were possible. 8 months ago today I left everything that I knew to become one of His chosen representatives. I look back on who I was 8 months ago, and just think to myself how far I have come. And it is all because of Him. Truly... He is my Savior and Redeemer. He is my advocate with the Father. He is my older brother. And He is my friend. I love the Savior Jesus Christ with all of my heart. He is truly the "Redeemer of my Soul."
I encourage each of you this Easter season to make it more meaningful than just being a day filled with treats and presents. Celebrate it for what it truly is... the Resurrection of our risen Lord.
I love you all very much and pray that you may have a great week. Remember who you are and what you stand for. :) God bless!
-Sister Jensen
"Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa."
Hahahahaha. I am pretty sure my BISHOP is the coolest guy ever. :)

For service on Wednesday, we played this game with all the old ladies where we tried to see how many words we could make out of "Chrysanthemum." Haha it was intense. Those ladies were on FIRE! :)
80 degress on Saturday... snowing today. Welcome to "tornado season" in Iowa.

Frostees opened back up this weekend... haha you know that's my favorite! :) I walked up to the window and the owner was like, "Oh my gosh, you're still here?" Haha that made me smile... and then she even remembered my order. So great. :)