Wednesday, April 30, 2014

And The Beat Goes On

As transfers draw nearer, I'm pretty sure the days go faster. It's freakin me out!!!! It was a good week though. Lots of laughter and miracles. :)
Monday: It was just a regular p-day but we got to go out to dinner with our Bishop and his wife, the Barbers, and a less-active family in the ward. SO GREAT! I love them. :)
Tuesday: Today we had exchanges with the Hermanas. Sister Cole went to Des Moines for the day (or as she likes to call it... Mexico), and Hermana Howell came here to Winterset with me. :) Just like old times. I seriously just love her. We talked about life and all things related and just had a great time! We got to attend the Relief Society book club cause they had read, "The Power of Everyday Missionaries." (YOU SHOULD ALL READ IT!!) and they invited us to come and give our thoughts. The best part though had to be the homemade Café Rio. Yep. It was a good night! :)
Wednesday: We met the Hermanas at the stake center to finish up our exchanges and that took up most of our morning. We did some service when we got into town and then saw Karissa. She is doing so well! She is so strong and has so much faith for a little 10 year old. It literally blows me away every time we have a lesson. After that we drove into the wilderness to visit a less-active member. We shared a sweet message on the atonement with her and she sent us home with salsa and ramen. Super random, but we aint complanin. :)
Thursday: District meeting was so amazing today! We got a training from one of our zone leaders and then from our district leader. They are both "pound the pulpit" kind of Elders so it was a good pump-up meeting. :) After wards we got to go see Kathy and do some hard labor. I think I have worn pants more than skirts this week. ITS GREAT! We got to move some furniture around for her, so that was fun. We had to hurry and change after that cause we had an appt with the Scotts. The Scotts are moving in about a week and it makes me want to cry. They have been such an example to me so it was great to see them one last time.
Friday: Weekly plan all day long? Sure. Why not. We had a little bit of time before an appt. at the Jacksons so we knocked some doors. At least we got a nice breeze as they were slammed in our face. Iowans are so humble. :) Kidding kidding!! I LOVE THEM! So we had dinner at the Jacksons with all the Elders and of course it was fun and we just laughed the whole time. That night we had the most amazing drive home. We rolled our windows down (it was 80 outside), turned the heat on in the car, and listened to piano hymns. Wow. Definitely what I needed.
Saturday: SUCH A BUSY DAY!!! We were just goin goin goin. After studies, we headed to Linda and Anns house and helped them clean their kitchen. That took up a big chunk of our morning, and then after we had to go home and shower and get ready for the day. By the time we got to Winerset it was about 3 pm. That didn't leave us with much time! We hurried and did Mormon.org time and then headed over to Binkys house. She is doing so good! She has been reading the Book of Mormon a lot and absolutely loves it! She completely relates to it, so that is just awesome. We were able to teach her the Plan of Salvation and she had so many questions, but by the end of the lesson she just kept saying that she knew it was true. HOLY MOLY!!! We extended a date to her for June 28. It makes me sad knowing that I wont see her be baptized, but also excited that another Sister will be able to come and teach her. I guess ya gotta spread the wealth sometimes, eh? :) r.
Sunday: Weirdest Sunday on my mission so far. Haha I was like the child magnet today... I had about 3 kids surrounding me during all of sacrament wanting to color with my scripture markers. Apparently I need to be more prepared cause the back of every page of our ward directory now has drawings of rainbows and butterflies. Ya know I am a sucker for cute kids!! Then on our way to Sunday school we got roped into subbing a primary class. Haha it was great. :) Then during relief society, half way through the lesson, the Bishop poked his head in and said, "Sisters, just wanted to make you aware we are now in a tornado warning." Um..... WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?! My heart=in my stomach. The coolest thing happened though... the Bishops sweet wife suggested that we all take a minute and pray. So she said the sweetest prayer and immediately I felt peace and knew it would all be okay. Heavenly Father is so awesome isn't he? :) So we finished up at church and headed home. We did some studies and ate some lunch and then headed to the Thomass' for dinner. They are such a cool family and we just laughed. A lot. Then we had a sweet lesson on member-missionary work. Shocker. It was a good Sunday!
Well, there is my week! It literally feels like maybe two days have passed since my last email. TIME! BAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! It freaks me out... especially the fact that I am comin up on my half way mark... This is the best thing I have ever done and I feel like I am finally getting to the point where I truly realize that. I am so blessed!
Okay, so I am sure that most of you have seen this video. I watched it again during Mormon.org time and just sat there bawling like a baby. NO shame. Anywho... I just love how it portrays so many different cultures, but they all have one thing in common... They are children of a loving Heavenly Father.
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/watch/2014/04?cid=HPMO042114721&vid=3408500022001&lang=eng
I know that each of us is so loved by our Father in Heaven. he is so aware of us, and knows us so perfectly. He knows what we need, and when we need it. Never doubt that.
I pray that each of you will have a great week full of many tender mercies! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!
-Sister Jensen
"Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa."