Thursday, February 20, 2014

New Mama

This was probably one of the craziest weeks on my mission so far. Goodness gracious. I went through 3 companions, a transfer meeting, meeting my baby, and a holiday. Woah. CARAZY! Anyways, it was a good
week though. :)
Monday: Since transfers were this week, Monday was just a regular day. Sister Wolfgramm left so Hermana Howell spent a couple days with me. We get along so so great so we just laughed all day long. And did some work. :) We had a great lesson with the Greens! We read 3 Nephi 11 with them and they were so interested in reading about Jesus Christ in the Americas. Haha man, I love that family!
Tuesday: Hermana Howell and I pretty much spent all day delivering invitations to the wards Valentines party. We got to see a lot of people we normally don't so it was a total tender mercy! That night we had dinner with the Scotts. They are just so sweet! After that we went to the Tunneys and just had fun with them and laughed and ate chocolate. Doesn't get better than that.
Wednesday: A full packed p-day!! We literally spent the entire day runnin around! Hermana Howell had to go to Costco, I had to go to Walmart, we went to the church to see my district, we went to the stake center to see her district. Haha it was just crazy! It was a good p-day though.
Thursday: Woah. Transfers. Since I was training, we had to be in Iowa City by 8:45 for a meeting I got to go to. Which meant leaving Des Moines around 6 am. It was a long morning. The meeting was for all the people training, and President Jensen basically just makes you feel better about yourself. Haha I walked in though and everybody was pretty much already there and there was only on other sister. Well, President walks in and starts and the first thing he does is look to us Sisters and says, "Well Sisters, there is one English speaking Sister and one Spanish speaking Sister coming in this transfer. Out of all the English and Spanish speaking Sisters throughout the mission, Heavenly Father chose you to train them." Holy. Moly. NO pressure... at all. I think he meant for it to pump us up, haha but it pretty much freaked me out! So of course, the whole meeting I was just sweatin bullets, but it's fine. It lasted about 2 hours and then we all went into the chapel and started transfers. President Jensen and his 2 counselors, President Johnson and President Jeppsen, all gave wonderful trainings. I love this mission! Then the moment of truth... transfer doctrine. Luckily, President always does our zone first so I didn't have to wait to long to know... "Sister Jensen will continue to serve in Winterset and she will be training a new Sister... Sister Cole!" Yay! Sister Cole!!! She is so great. :) She is 20 years old and is from St. George, UT. She is just hilarious! We have a very similar background story so we have a lot in common. We get along great! We just laugh... a lot. :) That night she experienced her first lesson when we went and taught the McCall family about the Family Proclamation. She was a little dazed but she did great!
Friday: MY official 6 month mark. Um... what? Where the  heck has 6 months gone?!?!?!?! Legit, it freaks me out.  We spent the day inside! We basically just went over a lot of stuff that Sister Cole would need to know to survive the next 12 weeks. Lets just say that she knows the Area Book inside and out. :) That night, we got to get out for a little bit. The ward had their Valentines Day party! It was fun to introduce Sister Cole to all the ward members. It was just a great night!
Saturday: District meeting day! Woot woot! We all went to lunch at the mall and then headed to the church. It was a great get to know you district meeting! This may shock you but.... we laughed. A lot. :) The weather got pretty bad during our meeting so the Zone leaders ended up grounding us so we had to go home after that! We did weekly planning and hung out with the Prices.:)
Sunday: I LOVE CHURCH!!!! The talks and the lessons were just wonderful!  We went to the Barbers for dinner! That family... ah. I love them. We had an AMAZING lesson with them!. On our way home we had a little bit of time so we decided to stop by the Allens so that Sister Cole could meet them.  We walked out and Sister Cole was like, "Why the heck are they not members???" I ask myself that every day. They are just so great!!!!
Monday: Good p-day! It was a weird p-day cause we didn't get to email, but it was still fun! We cleaned like maniacs and then went and had some fun at the church with our zone! The floor in the gym had just gotten waxed so basically we all just sat around for 2 hours and watched people slip. Hahahahaha  :) That night we had dinner with our Elders at Bishops house.We had the lesson with them tonight and we decided to show them reflections of Christ and talk about how relying on Christ will help us overcome any trial. The spirit was so strong and it was just a good lesson. This week has been an eye opening week. Training a brand new missionary has made me realize just how far I have come! IT is such a humbling and exciting feeling so know that my mission has already changed me so much and will continue to. Having the responsibility to train a new Sister is really hard. I feel like I have never had to rely on the Spirit so much! I know that Heavenly Father needs her trained a certain way so I really have to rely on Him to help me. I am
so grateful for the opportunity though! I am so blessed! The video that I want to share this week is about something I have learned a lot about this week. Realizing that Heavenly chose me to train one of his precious daughters has really given me the opportunity to become humble and as a little child. I have a very strong testimony that as we will all rely on the Savior, he will give us strength to do anything.
https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2011-10-065-jesus-teaches-that-we-must-become-as-little-children?lang=eng
I know that Jesus Christ lives. That what he taught in his ministry here on this earth is as applicable today as it was then. I testify that he is the light and life of the world. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is his restored kingdom once again on the earth. How grateful I am to be counted as one of his missionaries and as one of his sheep. I have been truly humbled by my experiences these last 6 months. I feel very blessed to be able to devote all that I am and all that I have to my Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ for this next year.
I love you all and I pray that you may have a an amazing week. God bless!
-Sister Jensen
"Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa."
On our way to transfers!!!
MA BABY!!!!! We realized we hadn't gotten a picture together yet so we
had to hurry and get one before email time. :)
Haha my poor companion... she isn't used to all this cold.