Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Welcome!

     Welcome to my missionary blog! Words cannot even express how excited I am to preach the Gospel to the people of Des Moines, Iowa. I mean, does it get any better than that? So, just a little about my fantastic mission...
 - It includes almost all of Iowa, half of Illinois, and about a 1/3 of Missouri.
 - My Temple will be the Nauvoo Temple. (Yea. You read that right. NAUVOO PEOPLE.)
 - Carthage Jail is in my mission. 
 - My Mission Presidents are Brother and Sister Jensen. (Coincidence? I think not.)
 - It's basically the best Mission ever. 
     So, now that you know a little, you can probably understand my excitement better. I feel so blessed because last summer I went on a trip called Heritage Tours. Basically me and 100 other high school graduates rode a bus from American Fork, Utah all the way to New York and back. Of course though, we stopped at all the major church history sites on the way. My mission area was one of my favorite stops. The Lord must have known that that was the best 3 weeks of my life because he decided to send me back for 18 months. 
     I'll admit though. When I first opened my call I was a tiny tiny bit sad. I wanted to go somewhere cool where people would gasp when you told them. I mean I took french in high school and how many possibilities were attached to that? The answer is alot. Once I had time though to just pray and ponder about my mission I started having an indescribable love for it. Like, it was my baby. I couldn't imagine ever being sad about going there because it was the best place to be. That love has grown continually since the day I opened my call. Although leaving my family will be the hardest thing I will ever do, I cannot wait for August 14th to arrive so I can start my journey. 
Also, what would this blog post be if I didn't include my mission call opening video? Enjoy!


Stay tuned for more posts as I continue my journey as a Sister Missionary.